CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 22, 2008

So.....I'm kind of a big deal....

LOL not really, BUT I had my first real shift working in the chemo room at St. Jude. I don't post much about my job on here, but for those who don't know, I've been training in the regular IV room aka where we make the "normal" stuff such as antibiotics, stuff for nausea, stuff for fungal infections, pretty much everything except chemotherapy. Well I've officially began training in the chemo room since my elders deem me competent enough, so yay! So far, I LOVE IT, seriously I feel really important like I'm making a difference. Those kids need their chemo done right, and I have the best teacher in the entire world teaching me! His name is Matt and he's a 4th year student so he's graduating in May and I'll be taking his spot. I'm learning so much, I feel like a sponge. I learned calculations today and even did some on my own! I don't know why, but today everything just really started to click! I figured out how the paperwork works, and who needs chemo hand delivered and who doesn't and which ones aren't stable enough to make until right before they're going to be administered and what some of them do in the body and all kinds of stuff. I'm 100% confident I'll be ready to work alone by May, probably before then, but I won't need to work alone until then. Ok well I'm done with my giddy ranting, hope everyone has a great weekened!

1 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

LOL you ARE a big deal! As a mom of one of those kids who was on chemo and always trusted that it was measured just right, we appreciate you!!! You rock!