CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

When it rains.....it pours part II

Yeah unfortunatley another not so good post, but the only reason I post these is so that I can post when they get better. I got some not so good news about my poor car. We had to take it to the mechanic after it overheated the other day and apparently I blew a head gasket (whatever that is). To replace it would be 1300-1400 dollars. The mechanic also said that with the way my car is running he thinks something else bad is going to happen soon (well he didn't say it exactly like that, but we trust him). He reccomends that we replace the entire engine. With all the constant problems we've been having, I think he's right. It's been one thing after another with this car the last few months. To replace the engine will be 2300-2500 dollars and that includes labor fees. I tossed around the idea of just trading in that car for a new (used) car, but decided not to because I don't want to commit to a monthly payment when we have mortgage and other things we MUST pay. With the new engine it will be like starting over. I didn't take the best care of my car in the beginning, I was young and oblivious, you get the idea. So now I wait while my car gets fixed, my old engine that's been with me the last 6 years will be gone and in it's place a new engine for a brand new start. *sigh* Just wish it wasn't so rough on the pocket book, but apparently that's a good price. Also we had some nasty storms this evening with several tornados touching down very near our home, luckily we didn't get hit or lose power or anything, BUT water seeped under our walls in the den (where we pretty much spend ALL our time) and me and Will were running around like chickens with their heads cut off trying to dry up the water. Sadly the whole underside of our sofa is wet and must be aired out. We really have no idea how this happened, but alas I will make it through LOL. All this and I have an exam tomarrow to worry about studying for. Thanks for listening to me vent.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

oh man! A number of years ago I had a car that blew a head gasket too - yeah those are expensive to get fixed!

Sorry about the leaking water too - how frustrating!

Hope you do well on the exam!

StephthefutrRxDr said...

Thanks Michelle for your kind words...I actually DID do well on that exam.